Saturday, January 29, 2011

Steak for $1.75!

I ran out to Food City today to use some coupons for FREE items before they expire (on the 31st!).  I asked a very nice lady behind the meat counter if they ever put meat on clearance.  She informed me that it only stays on their shelves for 5 days.  It is on the regular shelf for 4 days, in the clearance section (at the end of all the meat) for 1 day and then thrown away if it isn't sold.  She said they put new meat on clearance every morning.  I decided to check it out and saw a Laura's Lean Beef Strip Steak (0.55lb).  It was normally 11.99/lb, marked down to $5.00/lb.  I had a coupon for $1 off any Laura's Lean Beef (available here, sign up for newsletter).  After the sale and coupon I got a 0.55lb strip steak for $1.75 (it was even the brand I like to buy)!

No comments:

Post a Comment