Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Groceries For The Week

I went to Food City and Wal-Mart this week.  Food City was kind of a waste of time.  I thought that some things were going to be on sale, but the variety I had a coupon for was not included.  I bought some bacon and pears anyway since I was already there.  I didn't need too many things this week.  Most things I needed I already had in the pantry or freezer from stocking up at a really good price.  I did need to get dog food and I am slowly stocking up on Jack's Pizza and Skippy Peanut Butter before my coupons expire.  I will buy a few jars a week, it is something I haven't really seen go on sale.  I spent $47.61 and saved $12.13 in sales and coupons (20% savings).  I am pretty happy with the amount I spent on groceries this week (especially since I bought 20lbs of dog food), but not so happy with the % savings!
I got:
 20 lb. dog food
3 pks. Borden string cheese
1 pkg. Jennie-O turkey bacon
18 eggs
5 pears
5 roma tomatoes
2 Jack's Pizza
4 pk Dannon yogurt
1 loaf Sara Lee bread
1 jar applesauce
1 gallon 1% milk
1 box instant potatoes (for making bread)
1 bunch bananas
2 jars Skippy peanut butter
1 roll aluminum foil
1 jar Smuckers simply fruit jelly

No comments:

Post a Comment